Thursday, September 13, 2007

My Personal Reason for Choosing ITB

I realize that most of the people in Indonesia think that ITB is the best university in Indonesia. That fact made my parents urge me to choose ITB as the place to continue my study. But that same fact also leads to many advantages for me as an ITB student.
The first advantage is useful when I need a job. The status as an ITB graduate might impress some companies. They might assume that any ITB graduate will have the qualification they needed. So it is easier for me to have a more lucrative job.
The second advantage is the implication of the first one. Every parent wants the best guy to marry their daughter. What is best? The definition may vary, but one thing is for sure: job and earnings does matter. As I wrote earlier, an ITB graduate has a better chance to have the better job and better earnings. So you can conclude that an ITB graduate also has a better place in the parents’ mindset. A love life shouldn’t be a problem for an ITB graduate.
There are a lot more advantages for a future ITB graduate like me that I can’t get anywhere else. These advantages are the very reason why I choose ITB in the first place.

Agora Akbar Prajitno
16507223

Thanks for posting.

No comments: